If you’ve been considering the possibility of straightening your teeth, there are bound to be many questions before you jump in and choose a product. Therefore, we wanted to answer as many of the most common questions about Byte and invisible aligners as we could to help you make the best choice for you.
How long does Byte take to ship?
The Byte Impressions Kit usually only takes between 2-5 business days to get to you. However, the actual aligners will take a lot longer. How long they take can depend upon a few factors:
- How long it takes you to send back your impressions kit
- When you fill out your account center info
- When you upload your photos
- If the dentists/orthodontists have any issues with your impressions kit
- Where you live
Ultimately, however, they state the aligners should be to you within 4-6 weeks after sending back your impressions kit.
What is the Byte return policy?
Byte states that they do not accept returns on any product once an order has been placed. However, if you receive a damaged product, they ask that you please contact the Byte customer support so that they can replace the item.
Does Byte offer a warranty?
Yes, they do offer their Byte for Life Guarantee warranty. The warranty states that they will cover the costs of a new impressions kit and aligners should your teeth move out of alignment at any time during your life. However, there are a lot of things that can void the warranty, which makes it a bit difficult to use.
These things include:
- Not wearing your retainer regularly
- Not replacing your retainer every 6 months to a year
- Must retain proof of retainer purchases
- If you purchase a retainer from another source outside of Byte, you must send them proof of your retainer purchase within 45 days in order for it to be considered valid
- You must show proof that your treatment plan and retainer were used according to their instructions (although I’m not exactly sure how one is supposed to do this effectively)
Ultimately, they have an awful lot of rules and regulations surrounding their lifetime warranty. And this leads me to believe it would be extremely difficult to actually get them to back it up, if the need should arise.
Will insurance cover Byte?
Byte itself doesn’t take insurance. But, they can give you the forms and information you need to file your claim. You would need to reach out to your insurance company first to find out whether or not they cover orthodontics to see what, if anything might be covered.
What type of mouth corrections can Byte handle?
The initial type of mouth correction that most consumers are looking for with Byte is teeth straightening. However, their product can also handle (and is assessed for by their network or orthodontists and dentists):
- Proportional teeth in relation to your mouth and face
- Fixing crowded teeth
- Closing teeth gaps
- Straightening the teeth in relation to the jaw line